- 2cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2cups thinly sliced celery
- 1cup diced tart apple, peeled and cored
- 1⁄4cup butter
- 1tablespoon ground sage
- 1teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2teaspoon thyme
- 12cups lightly toasted bread, cubes
- 1⁄4cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- In a large fry pan saute onions, celery and apple in butter until onion is just translucent.
- Stir in sage, marjoram, salt, pepper, savory and thyme.
- Combine vegetable mixture with the bread cubes and parsley.
- Toss well.
- Pour stock over mixture, tossing well.
- Spoon into your crock-pot.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour.
- Reduce to low and continue cooking for 2-3 hours, stirring every hour.
- As stated for Vegetarians use vegetable stock.
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.5
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 615.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g