1 hours 40 minutesPrint
- 2tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 8cups shredded green cabbage (about 1 normal-sized head)
- 1tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 3 -4garlic cloves, minced (I use 4)
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; add cabbage, garlic and brown sugar to pan.
- Sauté until the cabbage is limp, about 5 minutes or so.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in vinegar.
- Cook, stirring very often, for approximately 20 minutes; taste and if cabbage is too crunchy for you, continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 51.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g