1 hours 0 minutesPrint
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1teaspoon ground coriander
- 4boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1onion, chopped
- 1tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 3tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1(14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1bunch chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, mix the cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and coriander.
- Place the chicken in the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and rub on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the chicken in the skillet.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet.
- Cook and stir the onion, ginger, jalapeno peppers, and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Mix in the tomatoes and continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- You may add additional salt and/or pepper to the sauce, if desired.
- Serve over the chicken.
- Garnish with the parsley.
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 158.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 27.3 g