- 1⁄2cup olive oil
- 1⁄3cup fresh lime juice
- 4garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4teaspoon black pepper
- 4strips steaks (each about 1/2 inch thick, 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1lb halibut fillet, with skin
- To make chimichurri sauce mix oil, lime juice, garlic, onion, cilantro, oregano, salt, cayenne and black pepper (can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated, covered).
- In plastic food-storage bag, combine 1/3 cup chimichurri sauce and steaks; seal.
- Cut halibut fillet into 4 serving pieces. In a second plastic food-storage bag, combine 1/3 cup chimichurri sauce and halibut; seal.
- Reserve remaining 1/3 cup sauce.
- Marinate steak and halibut in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals arranged for direct grilling, or heat gas grill for direct grilling. Remove steak and halibut from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill steak and halibut 10 minutes, covered, turning steak after 5 minutes for medium-rare, and halibut flakes when prodded with a fork. Serve steak and fish with reserved chimichurri sauce.
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.5
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 90.5 mg
- Sodium 403.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 34.4 g