- 1⁄2cup milk
- 1cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 3 tablespoons romano cheese
- 2tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8teaspoon pepper
- 2lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 1/4 inch slices (1-1/2" thick)
- oil (for frying)
- 4medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 8ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- lemon wedge
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Dip steak in egg mixture, then coat with the crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2″ of oil.
- Brown steak over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (keep in mind that the longer it is cooked, the tougher it gets).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Top beef with tomato, then cheese slices.
- Broil 4″ from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.5
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 635.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 36.9 g