1 hours 15 minutesPrint
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4cup diced white onion
- 3⁄4cup diced celery
- 1⁄2cup diced carrot
- 1⁄4cup diced green bell pepper
- 2tablespoons minced garlic
- 4(15 ounce) cans black beans
- 4cups chicken stock
- 2tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon hickory liquid smoke
- shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, blend
- chopped green onion, sour cream
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, bell pepper, and garlic to the oil and simmer slowly (or"sweat" as it’s called), for 15 minutes or until the onions are practically clear.
- Keep the heat low enough that the veggies don’t brown and be careful not to burn the garlic or it will be bitter.
- While you cook the veggies, pour the canned beans into a strainer and rinse them under cold water.
- Measure 3 cups of the drained and strained beans into a food processor with 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Puree on high speed until smooth.
- When the veggies are ready, pour the pureed beans, the whole beans, the rest of the chicken stock, and every other ingredient in the list (down to liquid smoke), to the pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes or until soup has thickened and all the ingredients are tender.
- *THE CROCKPOT DIRECTIONS ARE LISTED IN THE OPENING PARAGRAPH AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN.
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 458.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 23 g