1 hours 45 minutesPrint
- 6roma tomatoes, diced
- 2cloves garlic, chopped
- 2cloves garlic, peeled
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄4teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 8slices Italian bread, cut about 1 inch thick
- 2tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Whisk together chopped garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil.
- When combined slowly drizzle in oil.
- Add tomatoes and let sit for 20 minutes at room temp.
- Meanwhile back at the bat cave, toast the bread.
- This can be done either in the toaster (if it’s got really wide slots) or under the broiler (if using this method watch closely so it doesn’t become a brickette).
- When the bread is toasted rub each piece, on one side, with the whole garlic pieces.
- Place the bread on a cookie sheet and top with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle on a little cheese and broil till the cheese melts (you can skip that last broiling bit and it’s equally as wonderful).
- Serve immediately.
- The tomato mixture also makes a wonderful vinegrette for an antipasto salad.
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.8
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 572.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g