- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 4garlic cloves, minced
- 1medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2medium green pepper
- 4small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 2teaspoons cumin
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4(14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2(14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2(8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1cup non-fat tortilla chips (optional)
- Sauté onion, garlic, jalapeño and green pepper with olive oil in a large pot until soft.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the large pot and bring to a boil.
- After about 15 minutes, remove the chicken breasts and shred.
- (Two forks work well to pull the chicken apart!).
- Return shredded chicken to the pot and simmer an additional 45 minutes.
- Serve, topped with crushed tortilla chips if desired.
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 828.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 16.2 g